Best Chiropractors That Will Accept Medicare (2022)

Medicare Part B may pay for basic service, but chiropractors that accept Medicare may charge extra for x-rays, massage therapy, and acupuncture. Medicare Part B will only pay 80% for manual manipulation of your spine if it is deemed medically necessary. You will have to pay the other 20% before your Medicare coverage kicks in. Quotes from chiropractors that take Medicare may include other tests or treatment to be done that isn’t covered and would require you to pay out of pocket.

Are you looking for free insurance quotes?

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

D. Gilson is a writer and author of essays, poetry, and scholarship that explore the relationship between popular culture, literature, sexuality, and memoir. His latest book is Jesus Freak, with Will Stockton, part of Bloomsbury’s 33 1/3 Series. His other books include I Will Say This Exactly One Time and Crush. His first chapbook, Catch & Release, won the 2012 Robin Becker Prize from Seve...

Full Bio →

Written by D. Gilson, PhD
Professor & Published Author D. Gilson, PhD

Leslie Kasperowicz holds a BA in Social Sciences from the University of Winnipeg. She spent several years as a Farmers Insurance CSR, gaining a solid understanding of insurance products including home, life, auto, and commercial and working directly with insurance customers to understand their needs. She has since used that knowledge in her more than ten years as a writer, largely in the insuranc...

Full Bio →

Reviewed by Leslie Kasperowicz
Farmers CSR for 4 Years Leslie Kasperowicz

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.

Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.

Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.

Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.

The Highlights

  • Medicare Part B will only pay for manual manipulation of the spine
  • X-rays, therapy, and other services are not covered by Medicare
  • Medicare will only pay 80% of chiropractic charges that are covered

People can suffer neck pain, back pain, and more for a variety of reasons such as from a car accident, fall, or even from lifting something heavy. With that being said, many people seek chiropractic treatment. However, finding that treatment can be challenging with Medicare as their insurance company.

Finding chiropractors can be a challenge because Medicare tends to offer very limited chiropractic service or there are a limited amount of chiropractors that accept Medicare being available in each state.

While not all medical insurance companies offer coverage, the best Medicare insurance companies out there will offer insurance plans with chiropractic care.

Shop around to find the most affordable Medicare insurance with chiropractic care. Compare rates to find the best coverage with the lowest rates.

Keep reading to learn more about chiropractors that accept Medicare. Before you begin, enter your ZIP code to compare Medicare quotes from companies in your area for free.

Table of Contents

What chiropractors accept Medicare?

According to the American Chiropractic Association, around 80% of people experience back pain at some point in their lives, and half of all working people experience back pain each year.

For those people that suffer from back pain, seeing a chiropractor can help. However, chiropractic care isn’t always covered by insurance.

How do I find Medicare chiropractic offices near me?

Chiropractors that are willing to accept Medicare will vary by state, although many offices will accept Medicare. Rates from chiropractors that accept Medicare will also vary.

Medicare Part B does pay for some chiropractic care but only the manual manipulation of the spine. Other services, such as x-rays, aren’t covered.

Medicare will only pay 80% for chiropractic care and only after your deductible has been met. You will have to pay the other 20% out of pocket as well as any other charges.

It’s important to get a quote from chiropractors that accept Medicare so that you are aware of the charges you will be responsible for.

Are there chiropractors that accept Medicaid near me? Probably, since Medicaid is offered by the state and is generally based on income.

r from back pain, seeing a chiropractor can help. However, chiropractic care isn’t always covered by insurance.

How do I find Medicare chiropractic offices near me?

Chiropractors that are willing to accept Medicare will vary by state, although many offices will accept Medicare. Rates from chiropractors that accept Medicare will also vary.

Medicare Part B does pay for some chiropractic care but only the manual manipulation of the spine. Other services, such as x-rays, aren’t covered.

Medicare will only pay 80% for chiropractic care and only after your deductible has been met. You will have to pay the other 20% out of pocket as well as any other charges.

It’s important to get a quote from chiropractors that accept Medicare so that you are aware of the charges you will be responsible for.

Are there chiropractors that accept Medicaid near me? Probably, since Medicaid is offered by the state and is generally based on income.

Are you looking for free insurance quotes?

Your one-stop online insurance guide. Get free quotes now!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What parts of Medicare cover chiropractic care?

Medicare is available once you are 65 years old, but you may have to pay for Medicare when you turn 65 if you want more than just the basic coverage.

There are many different parts to Medicare and each one covers chiropractic care differently.

Medicare Part B will pay for only manual manipulation of your spine due to spinal sublimation. Spinal sublimation is when one or more bones in your spine are not in the correct place.

Your x-rays may be paid for by Medicare Part B if they are ordered by your physician and not by your chiropractor.

Other services such as massage therapy are not covered at all by Medicare Part B.

Medicare Advantage is offered by insurance companies and may offer more chiropractic coverage. Keep in mind that some plans require your chiropractor to be in-network to be covered.

People with traditional Medicare can purchase a Medicare supplement plan that will help cover copays.

Medicare guidelines for chiropractic documentation must be met in order for any plans to cover your care.

Chiropractors that Accept Medicare: The Bottom Line

Although many chiropractors accept Medicare, the coverage may not pay for all of the services you need.

There are a number of services that aren’t covered which can make it hard to find affordable chiropractors that accept Medicare. These include:

  • X-rays
  • Massage therapy
  • Acupuncture

Shop around to find Medicare coverage that fits your needs. There are many insurance companies and Medicare plans out there to choose from.

We hope you’ve learned all you need to know about chiropractors that accept Medicare. Before you go, enter your ZIP code to compare free Medicare quotes from companies near you today.

Are you looking for free insurance quotes?

Your one-stop online insurance guide. Get free quotes now!

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption