Combined Insurance Medicare Review

Combined Insurance Medicare
Premiums
Claims
Feedback
Financial Strength
N/A


Looking for Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Talk to an Expert - (844) 611-2338
A supplemental insurance company with nearly 100 years of experience, today Combined Insurance is part of one of the largest insurance conglomerates in the world. However, their focus remains where it started – on supplemental coverage for things like life, health, and disability.

Not looking for Medicare information? Click here for our general review of Combined Insurance.

About Combined Insurance

Combined was founded back in 1922 with just a $100 loan. The founder, W. Clement Stone, named the new company Combined Registry Company. After making it through the depression, Combined purchased the American Casualty Company, creating Combined Mutual Casualty Company. The final name change to Combined Insurance Company of America came in 1947.

From 1956 through the early 60s, Combined grew quickly, expanding into other countries including Canada, Australia, and England. A holding company was formed in 1980, and began to trade publicly. Over the following decades there would be several changes of hands, ending with the current status of Combined as a subsidiary of Chubb Limited, one of the largest insurance companies in the world.

Combined offers both individual coverage and group plans that allow employers to offer supplemental coverage packages as benefits for employees. Among their list of supplemental policies are critical care, disability, and Medicare Supplement.

The company is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, and offers their products across the country through independent agents.

Medicare Products

Currently, Combined offers only Medicare Supplement coverage, not Medicare Advantage or Part D.

The website offers very little information on the Medicare Supplement policies. Coverage options and rate quotes can only be obtained by contacting an agent. The site does offer a contact form that can be filled out to request more information.

This lack of online information makes it difficult to compare the offerings from Combined with other companies. The site says that coverage is not available in all states and that products may differ from state to state.

Combined Rates

Not only does the site offer no details on the coverage options, there is also no online quoting. Rates can only be obtained by contacting an agent. This means that in order to get a quote, insurance shoppers must provide contact information likely to lead to solicitation emails, phone calls, or mailings.

The lack of rate information makes it difficult to determine where Combined falls in comparison to other companies.

Ratings and Reviews

Combined Insurance holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, and they have been accredited since 1954. There have been 54 complaints filed within the past three years, and 24 of those were closed within the past 12 months. 77% of the customer reviews have been negative, with the remaining 23% positive. That’s a fairly good record for a large international company.

Pissed Consumer has 174 reviews of Combined, and carries an overall 1.8 star rating. Most of the complaints center on denial of claims, a common complaint with most insurance companies. There are also a number of complaints regarding policy cancellation issues. Overall, the number and subject of the complaints are apparent, but not at an alarming level.

The Bottom Line

Due to the lack of information on the Combined website, it’s difficult to make any clear comparison to other companies. There is no information about what Medicare Supplement options they offer, nor what their rates look like. If you have other Combined policies, or if you don’t mind the extra effort of having to discuss your options with an agent, they might be worth looking into.

For a list of companies that we recommend, visit our Best Insurance Companies page.

Best Insurance Quote Providers:

Review Information

Summary
Review Date
Reviewed
Combined Insurance Medicare
Author Rating
4

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *